1. The Prime Minister’s Office receives a large number of public grievances relating to subject matters which fall under the purview of various Ministries / Departments or the State Governments. Such grievances are forwarded by the Public Wing of this office to the concerned Ministry / Department or the State Government.
2. The registration number of the Grievance is invariably indicated on the communication transferring the same to the concerned Ministry / Department or State Government, with a copy being endorsed to the petitioner. Further, at the time of registering / processing of petitions in Public Wing, registration number is communicated to the applicant through email and SMS. The petitioner can track the status of his/her grievance through internet at https://pgportal.gov.in/pgp5/ViewStatus.aspx after entering the registration number of his grievance indicated in the letter.
3. Citizens can also telephonically enquire about status of their letters sent to the Prime Minister by dialing the facilitation number 011-23386447.
4. The redressal of grievance in such cases is under the purview of the appropriate authority to which the grievance is forwarded. Therefore, the applicants may further follow up concerning such grievances with the concerned Ministry / Department or the State Government.
5. Further, the processing of letters in the Public Wing of Prime Minister’s Office is fully computerized and no file noting is generated.
6. The RTI applicants seeking status of their grievance submitted to the Prime Minister’s Office may kindly note the above before preferring RTI application in this regard.