1. Proactive Disclosure: The Prime Minister’s Office duly complies with the provisions of Section 4(1)(b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005 for suo motu disclosure and all the information in this regard has been made available on its website. To view CLICK HERE. This information is being updated at least once a year. Certain categories of information is updated as and when required.
2. Intimating reasons for decisions affecting particular person(s): Important decisions which affect the public at large, fall within the domain of the respective administrative Ministries/Departments. Unlike Ministries/Departments, no administrative or quasi – judicial decisions are generally taken in the Prime Minister’s Office which may affect a particular person or class of persons.
3. Wide Dissemination of information: A number of steps have been taken by the PMO for wide dissemination of information to the public. The information made available in the public domain include the following:
(a) The statements made by the Hon’ble Prime Minister disseminated through Press Releases
(b) PM’s Speeches
(c) Social Media Interactions: Tweets and Facebook
(d) Mann Ki Baat
(e) News Updates
(f) Achievements of the Government and Cabinet Decisions
(g) Transforming India
4. Availability of Information in different languages: PMO website is available in 11 languages.
5. Relevant facts while formulating important policies or announcing the decisions which affect public: The formulation of important policies or decisions which affect the public at large, fall within the domain of the respective administrative Ministries / Departments.